Advanced Schedule Manager Overview
The NOVAtime Advanced Schedule Manager (ASM) was developed based on having worked very closely with many customers and listening to their real-time scheduling and integration challenges. The ASM, coupled with NOVAtime’s Time and Attendance solution, is a powerful tool that supports dynamic and powerful workforce scheduling management methods, ultimately increasing scheduling efficiency and productivity.
ASM offers a variety of innovative add-on features that enhance and automate the scheduling capabilities within NOVAtime. With ASM, employees can be manually or automatically scheduled according to resource requirements, which may be based on location, tasks, certifications, and other qualifications. Using ASM, employees can be manually or automatically removed from schedules and placed on leave. The system will then display a list of employees who are available and qualified to fill open positions. For each applicable employee, the system will include configurable contact details, various work hour summaries, and a history of accepted and declined work requests—all of which will aid the selection of employees who are offered to fill the open positions. In addition to schedule giveaway, schedule pickup, schedule swapping amongst employees, and open shift bidding, ASM can also identify and automatically contact employees who are qualified to fill open schedules by text message or phone call
Key ASM Features
- Expands the existing group level limit from (10) to (20) levels
- Includes a Daily Roster that displays the scheduled positions and corresponding assigned employees
- Automatic Schedule Generationaccording to resource requirements, which can be based on numerous entities to include (but not limited to):
- Department, Job, Task
- Limits scheduling based on employee Qualifications and/or Certifications
- Identifies and contacts employees who are qualified to fill open schedules
- Identifies and notifies Supervisors when employees’ Certifications and/or Qualifications expire
- Utilizes “Exceptions” to recognize the following scenarios:
- Schedule Giveaway – Employees can offer their scheduled work hours to other qualified employees
- Schedule Pickup – Employees can accept Giveaway schedules or other schedule openings.
- Exchange or Swap – employees can Exchange or Swap their schedules with other qualified employees.
To regulate schedule modifications, these employee capabilities may be limited to specific date ranges (e.g. within 10 to 20 days from the current date, within 15 days from the date the schedule was made available, etc.). With a variety of scheduling functions offered, the use of each feature can enabled or disable based on system security rules and/or supervisor approval.
Automatic Absence Scheduling
When an employee calls the Phone-in System to report an absence, ASM can automate the process of replacing the absent employee. The system will automatically remove the employee from the work schedule and proceed to contact available and qualified employees (via phone, text, email, or internal system message) to fill the open schedule.
ASM may be set up to contact applicable employees with two methods;
- One employee at a time – When contacting employees one by one, the sequential process is based on priority settings and a defined response time limit, and the system will continue to call qualified employees until the schedule is accepted.
- All Qualified and Available employees concurrently – When contacting all employees simultaneously, the first employee to accept the offer will be assigned to the schedule.
Schedule Priority and Preferences
Employees qualify for open schedules according to user-defined priority settings. The priorities determine the order in which the system will consider primary and secondary qualifications. ASM may be set up to schedule employees based on a combination of factors, including (but not limited to):
- Fewest scheduled hours
- Least amount of overtime
To control total scheduled and overtime hours worked by employees, ASM may be configured to apply minimum and maximum hour limitations when identifying which employees are qualified to fill schedules. These limitations can be based on total daily, weekly, or custom cycle hours, taking either scheduled or worked hours into consideration.
Notifications are sent to employees and system users (via phone, text, email, or internal system message) when specific events are detected by ASM. Some examples are:
Inform a supervisor of an expired employee certification, which may be triggered to send prior to or following the expiration, depending on the user’s preference.
- Open schedules exist,
- Schedules are modified
- A supervisor requests additional work hours, or when there are
- Schedule surpluses exist
- Conflicts exist
- Exchanges, Swaps, Giveaways, and Pickups occur